The Aurora Jr Woman's Club (AJWC), is a philanthropic organization that exists to benefit the community by providing monetary support to various service organizations, including our sister organization Aurora Children's Dental Service (ACDS). Our monthly meetings are:
- Different each month... some months may include a play, dinner, craft or a speaker.
- Held in a different location each month to patronize local merchants (and keep it fresh).
- Held to conduct club business, keep us informed about club events, and provide a social outlet.
- Usually held the first Monday of every month from Sept to May.
Through our annual musical production, we:
- Introduce live theater to local kids.
- Raise money to support our philanthropies.
- Keep the ticket price low so families can enjoy a live show.
- Rewrite, edit, perform, direct and stage the show ourselves.
- Utilize everyone's talents on & off stage.
- Have performed such plays as: Aladdin, Snow White, A Toy's Story, and Finding Nemo.
I pledge my loyalty to Junior Clubwomen,
By doing better than ever before,
What work I have to do.
By being prompt, honest, courteous.
By living each day trying to accomplish something, not merely to exist.
This is the AJWC pledge which we ask all our women to adhere to. If this sounds like you and you are interested in finding out more or perhaps being a guest at one of our meetings, please contact us ~ we welcome you with open arms!